Marshall Stability Test Apparatus as per ASTMD1559, BS: 598-197
Stability test of cylindrical specimen of bituminous paving mixture is the most frequently used by highway departments, contractors, engineers and testing laboratories. This test is carried out to measure the resistance to plastic flow of cylindrical specimen of bituminous paving mixture loaded on the lateral surface. For use with the hot mixture containing asphalt or tar and aggregate upto 25.4 mm maximum sizes. The apparatus consists of the following
· Marshall load frame: it consists of body housing, a geared screw jack and motor driven mechanism and having capacity of 50KN. The rate of travel is 50.8mm/min. and is duly fitted with auto cut off switch. Suitable operation on 220V, 50HZ, Single phase, A.C supply. _____ 1 No.
· Breaking head stability mould with dial gauge.01x25mm travel. _____ 1 No.
· Cylindrical compaction mould made of M.S complete with base plate and extension collar. _____ 3 Nos.
· Compaction pedestal: it consists of a M.S plate capped on a wooden post. A mould clamp is fitted to the top of the plate. _____ 1 No.
· Compaction hammer weights 4.5 kg. with a free fall of 457mm. _____ 2 Nos.
· Load transfer bar. _____ 1 No.
Supplied complete with proving ring of capacity 25KN fitted with dail gauge of range .002 x 5mm duly calibrated by regional testing center, New Delhi and with flow measurement dail gauge .01 x 25mm.